Cherokee Scout Reservation is excited to offer Cherokee Summer Encampments as an opportunity to support your troop’s summer outdoor program and provide Scouts with an opportunity for advancement and fun outside.
Think if Cherokee Summer Encampments as a unit camping trip with access to summer camp programs, trained staff, and facilities for Saturday’s adventure.
The mindset outlined below is essential to our COVID-19 mitigation plan for the weekends.
Cherokee Summer Encampments are available for four weekends for units:
1.July 10 – 12
2.July 17 – 19
3.July 24 – 26
4.July 31 – August 2
Cherokee Summer Encampments are available to Day Campers for four weekends:
1. Saturday, July 11
2. Saturday, July 18
3. Saturday, July 25
4. Saturday, August 1
Scouts may attend more than one encampment weekend.
Merit Badges/Programs Available
Scouts may choose from the following merit badges/activities.
Registration & Merit Badge Enrollment Process
1. Unit leaders will register the troop using the DoubleKnot links posted above.
2. We are using DoubleKnot to collect payment and additional information such as campsite preferences and desire to participate in the OA call-out ceremony on Saturday night.
3. Once unit leaders submit payment via DoubleKnot, Camp Director Bud Harrelson will receive an email.
4. At this point, Bud will activate your unit in Summer Camp Systems - the online tool we use to manage merit badge enrollment.
5. Once your troop is activated in Summer Camp Systems, you can enroll your Scouts in merit badges.
6. Bud will alert you via email once you have been activated in Summer Camp Systems.
7. This is not an automated process. There will be some delay between paying on DoubleKnot and having access to Summer Camp Systems.
8. Units will be activated in Summer Camp Systems in the order in which they pay on DoubleKnot.
9. Day Campers will indicate their merit badge preferences during registration on DoubleKnot.
10. Bud will enroll day campers in merit badges.
11. Merit badge enrollment confirmation will be sent to day campers via email.
OA Call-Out Ceremony
Other Camping Opportunities for Summer 2020