2019 Provisional Unit Information
- Scouts that cannot attend summer camp with their home unit or who wish to attend more than one week of camp, can participate in our Provisional Unit.
- The Provisional Unit is a unique experience for Scouts, because it is made up of Scouts from all over the area.
- Female and male Scouts may participate in the Provisional Unit.
- To participate in the program, Scouts will need to pay a $110.00 non-refundable deposit to secure their place in the program.
- The deposit will be applied to the total provisional camper fee of $355.00.
- Because the Provisional Troop can only accommodate 20 Scouts each week, we cannot accept any walk-ons.
- Following Scouting’s Youth Protection Policies, both of the Provisional adult leaders are 21 years old or over.
- Because female and male Scouts can participate, a female and male Provisional adult leader will supervise the unit.
Provisional Scouts Payment Schedule
- Payment 1: Thursday, March 28 - $110
- Payment 2: Thursday, April 25 - $120
- Payment 3: Thursday, May 23 - $125
- Scouts who make a $105 payment by March 14 receive a $20 discount on the total Provisional Troop fee.
- Select the week you want to attend below. It will take you to a registration form. Please complete the form.
- Special information you will need to complete the form:
- Scout’s BSA ID (found on membership card or you can get this from your unit leader)
- Unit leader’s email address
- In the last section of the form, you will indicate how you intend to pay.
- If you select with a credit card, we will send you an email with directions on how to access the Parent Portal on the merit badge registration system that allows you to submit a credit card payment for your Scout.
- If you select check, please promptly submit your check payable to Old North State Council, 1405 Westover Terrace, Greensboro, NC 27408.
- You can pay face-to-face with cash, check, or credit.
- We are no longer able to accept credit cards over the phone.
Provisional Registration Links
Week 1 (June 16 – 22)
Week 2 (June 23 – 29)
Week 3 (June 30 – July 6)
Week 4 (July 7 – 13)
Week 5 (July 14 – 20)
Week 6 (July 21 – 27)
Merit Badge Registration
- The camp leadership registers Provisional Scouts for their merit badges in the online merit badge registration system.
- To register for merit badges, Provisional Scouts must submit Payment 1.
- Provisional Scouts communicate their merit badge choices using the Provisional Merit Badge & Activity Registration Form.
- Return the Provisional Merit Badge & Activity Registration Form to the camp leadership by emailing it to email@example.com.
- The Provisional Merit Badge & Activity Form should be submitted no later than one week prior to the Scout’s arrival at camp.
- The Merit Badge & Activity Schedule shows you all of the merit badge and activity offerings in camp
- Review the Scout & Family Summer Camp Program Guide for a description of each merit badge and a list of prerequisites.
- Provisional who submit Payment 1 prior to March 14 will have their merit badge registrations entered into the online merit badge registration system on Sunday, March 17.
- After March 15, online merit badge registration for Provisional will be submitted the by the first Sunday following the submission of Payment 1.
- Once your merit badge selections have been entered into the merit badge registration system, you will receive a confirmation email that contains your merit badge schedule.
- Our merit badge sessions have maximum class sizes and some will fill quickly. For this reason, it is important to communicate your alternate choices on the Provisional Merit Badge & Activity Registration Form.
- Day Campers must bring a completed BSA Health Form, parts A, B, and C.
- The council sponsors a physical clinic on Saturday, April 20.
Arrival and Departure
- Provisional Scouts need to arrive at camp between 2:00 PM and 2:30 PM on Sunday of the week they sign-up for.
- Scouts must attend the week that they sign-up for!
- Provisional Scouts will check-out by 8:30 AM on Saturday.
- Provisional Scouts will camp in Ossipee campsite.
- Thursday evening you can plan to come to camp and bring your Scout some good, home-cooked food for dinner and enjoy our family night campfire.
- Plan to share your covered-dish items with the other Scouts & families in the Provisional Troop.
- Campers are not allowed to leave camp during the week unless we have the written permission of their parents/caretaker and the camp director.
- If your Scout needs to leave camp early, you must complete an Early Release Form.
- Parents/caretakers must sign their Scouts out of camp at the Headquarters Building.