Day Camper Information
- The Day Camper option allows Scouts to attend summer camp to work on merit badges and participate in program activities during the day.
- Day Campers do not spend the night at camp.
- Day campers participate in the camp program from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Female and male Scouts can participate in the Day Camper Program.
- Day Campers receive a camp patch.
- Lunch is included in the fee.
- Day campers eat lunch with the Provisional unit.
- To participate in the program, Scouts will need to pay a $60.00 non-refundable deposit to secure their place in the program.
- The deposit will be applied to the total Day Camper fee of $175.00.
Day Camper Payment Schedule
- Payment 1: Thursday, March 26 - $60
- Payment 2: Thursday, April 23 - $60
- Payment 3: Thursday, May 28 - $55
- Scouts who make a $110 payment by March 12 receive a $20 discount on the total Day Camper fee.
- Select the week you want to attend below. It will take you to a registration form. Please complete the form.
- Special information you will need to complete the form:
- Scout’s BSA ID (found on membership card or you can get this from your unit leader)
- Unit leader’s email address
- In the last section of the form, you will indicate how you intend to pay.
- If you select with a credit card, we will send you an email with directions on how to access the Parent Portal on the merit badge registration system that allows you to submit a credit card payment for your Scout.
- If you select check, please promptly submit your check payable to Old North State Council, 1405 Westover Terrace, Greensboro, NC 27408.
- You can pay face-to-face with cash, check, or credit.
- We are no longer able to accept credit cards over the phone.
Day Camper Registration Links
Week 1 (June 22 - 26)
Week 2 (June 29 – July 3)
Week 3 (July 6 - 10)
Week 4 (July 13 - 17)
Week 5 (July 20 – 24)
Week 6 (July 27 – 31)
Merit Badge Registration
- The camp leadership registers Day Campers for their merit badges in the online merit badge registration system.
- To register for merit badges, Day Campers must submit Payment 1.
- Day Campers communicate their merit badge choices using the Day Camper Merit Badge & Activity Registration Form.
- Return the Day Camper Merit Badge & Activity Registration Form to the camp leadership by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Day Camper Merit Badge & Activity Form should be submitted no later than one week prior to the Scout’s arrival at camp.
- The Merit Badge & Activity Schedule shows you all of the merit badge and activity offerings in camp
- Review the Scout & Family Summer Camp Program Guide for a description of each merit badge and a list of prerequisites.
- Day campers, who submit Payment 1 by the March 26 deadline will be enrolled in merit badges, via the online merit badge registration system, on Saturday, April 4.
- Once your merit badge selections have been entered into the merit badge registration system, you will receive a confirmation email that contains your merit badge schedule.
- Our merit badge sessions have maximum class sizes and some will fill quickly. For this reason, it is important to communicate your alternate choices on the Day Camper Merit Badge & Activity Registration Form.
- Day Campers must bring a completed BSA Health Form, parts A, B, and C.
- The council sponsors a physical clinic on Saturday, March 28.
Arrival and Departure
- Day Campers should arrive at 8:30 am on Monday to check-in.
- During the Monday check-in we will conduct a medical form review and confirm merit badge registration.
- Merit badge sessions begin at 9:00 am.
- Merit badge sessions end at 5:00 pm.
- On the other days of the week, Day Campers can be dropped off at 8:00 am and must be picked up from camp by 6:00 pm.
- Day Campers, with their parent/caretaker, must sign in and out of the Headquarters Building each day.